I think, therefore I am a researcher (Cogito Ergo Sum- René Descartes)
Following are the ideas that I believe in (source-quotations.about.com):
- Of all the attitudes we can acquire, surely the attitude of gratitude is the most important and by far the most life-changing (Zig Zagler).
- What lies behind us and what lies ahead of us are tiny matters compared to what lives within us (Ralph Waldo Emerson).
- Try not to become a man of success. Rather become a man of value (Albert Einstein).
- You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him (James D. Miles).
- You are educated when you have the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or self-confidence (Robert Frost).
- Motivate them [students], train them, care about them, and make winners out of them (J. Marriott).
- It is not because concepts are difficult that’s why we can not think; rather we do not think, that’s why concepts are difficult (My words based on Lucius Annaeus Seneca).
- Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you’re right (Henry Ford).
- Optimism means expecting the best, but confidence means knowing how to handle the worst. Never make a move if you are merely optimistic (The Zurich Axioms).
- Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare (Japenese Proverb).
- Hold yourself responsible for a higher standard than anybody expects of you. Never excuse yourself (Henry Ward Beecher).
- A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities and an optimist is one who makes opportunities of his difficulties (Harry Truman).
- It is unwise to be too sure of one’s own wisdom. It is healthy to be reminded that the strongest might weaken and the wisest might err (Mohandas K. Gandhi).
My favourite quote(s) from movie(s) (source-IMDB.com):
- You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain’t how hard you hit; it’s about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That’s how winning is done. Now, if you know what you’re worth, then go out and get what you’re worth. But you gotta be willing to take the hit, and not pointing fingers saying you ain’t where you are because of him, or her, or anybody (Rocky Balboa 2006).
- You got a dream, you gotta protect it. People can’t do something themselves, they wanna tell you that you can’t do it. You want something? Go get it. (The Pursuit of Happyness 2006)